Advantages of Coaxial Cables
Coaxial cable is a composite of two conductors. The central conductor of coaxial cable is used to transmit signals.
The metal shielding network plays two roles: one is to provide current loop for signals as a common ground wire of signals, the other is to act as a shielding network of signals to suppress the interference of electromagnetic noise on signals. The central conductor and shielding network are between the semi-foamed polypropylene insulating layer, which determines the transmission characteristics of the cable and effectively protects the middle conductor.
The advantages and disadvantages of coaxial cable are widely used in the transmission of audio and video or radio frequency, and it has become the standard impedance of video. High quality standard coaxial cables are generally more expensive than twisted pair cables, because the reliable physical properties of coaxial cables can provide excellent audio and video performance. Frequency, resolution of signals and effective transmission distance of cables play a decisive role in audio and video systems. Compared with optical fiber, coaxial cable has the advantages of cheaper price and easier laying.
Defects of coaxial cable
1. Coaxial cable itself is greatly affected by climate change, and image quality is affected to a certain extent.
2. Coaxial cable is thicker, and wiring is not convenient in intensive monitoring applications.
3. Coaxial cables can only transmit video signals. If the system needs to transmit control data, audio and other signals at the same time, additional wiring is needed.
4. Coaxial cable has limited anti-jamming ability and can not be used in strong interference environment.
5. Coaxial amplifier still has the disadvantage of difficult adjustment.